New Posi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Posi

Got my new (new to me) posi today, and I'm having it installed this weekend.
    Just wondering what you guys are using for diff lube in your LSD's?

Re: New Posi

I need to get an LSD Sometine, tired of this open differential bs lol

Comment

I'm using Royal Purple, works great.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

For a Torsen straight redline 75W90NS. No limited slip additive, it kills the torsen's limited slip action. Needed for Posi though.
        Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
        Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

I've used Red Line Heavy Shockproof gear lube in my 01's axle since the car was new in 2001.

Curious about one thing...how does use of friction modifiers in the lube used in a Torsen-equipped rear axle degrade limited slip action?

Comment

Originally posted by Hib Halverson View Post
            Curious about one thing...how does use of friction modifiers in the lube used in a Torsen-equipped rear axle degrade limited slip action?
            It doesn't. The friction modifier additives have no effect at all on torsen units because no amount of friction is required for their operation.
            -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

The F-body road racing boards go back and forth on shockproof, but from a couple of the last threads on the matter, quoting Sam Strano:
              Have to disagree with Steve. Found out, the hard way that Redline Heavy Shockproof renders T2R's useless. Maybe the Light Shockproof does, maybe it doens't. I won't try. I'll stick with tried and true 75/90NS, which is why I keep so much of it on hand.
              Other quote on the shockproof:
              i'll be putting the above recomended NS stuff in it as my CMC car will spin the inside rear tire when the inside front wheel hits the curb on apex. acts like a worn out auburn clutch posi.
              Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
              Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

amsoil or mobil 1 gear oil. 80/90 or soemthing around there depending on the lsd, also you'll need a bottle or 2 of LSD additive.

Comment

I'm using royal purple as well.
                  I have a complete diff from a 2002 Trans Am under my 99 camaro with 4.10 gears
                  1999 Camaro V6 A4<br />Navy Blue metallic<br />Intake+Exhaust+4.10+?=?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X