Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 1st gear, weird trans issue

Hello Camarov6ers,

I was a member previously and then retired my car after this issue came up. Now I'd like to get back into it.

I was headed to a job interview a few years back and in a bit of a hurry. I was backing the car out of the driveway, shifted into drive while still rolling backward a little bit and the car shuttered. After that it was extremely slow and I figured out that I couldn't get back down to first gear. The car drives fine 2-3-4 and locks up, but no first.

When I use the shifter to put it in first, the car won't even idle forward. It will idle forward in 2-D and OD, but not 1. I can give it gas but it feels like I'm trying to move a mountain.

I'm not sure of this is a shift solenoid or what. This is the closest I could find to my issue anywhere:

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all of your help, and I can't wait to get re-involved with this community.

John

Re: No 1st gear, weird trans issue

Sounds like 1st gear is shot, as long as you can get it into 2nd thats a plus.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X