quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick questions

so i had my car worked on a couple of days ago and the mechanic pulls me aside and tells me the support hanger on the driveshaft the rubber is cracking what is this part called? and i was driving the other day and it feels like a shudder almost when i get going any suggestions what it is? u joints?

Re: quick questions

Trans mount ot tq arm mount would be my guess. Theres no rubber on the driveshaft itself.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Lilspleen View Post
      so i had my car worked on a couple of days ago and the mechanic pulls me aside and tells me the support hanger on the driveshaft the rubber is cracking what is this part called? and i was driving the other day and it feels like a shudder almost when i get going any suggestions what it is? u joints?

If I recall, the two piece DS has a bushing at the center carrier bearing. Anyone who still has a two piece care to confirm? I replaced mine with the one piece LS1 alum DS a long time ago.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
        If I recall, the two piece DS has a bushing at the center carrier bearing. Anyone who still has a two piece care to confirm? I replaced mine with the one piece LS1 alum DS a long time ago.
        yeah its the carrier bearing

Comment

I think I saw a 1 piece Alm. driveshaft for sale, down in the 4 sale section.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

well i did some research and the carrier bearing is an inserviceable part...dumb. but i think im just gonna get an alm driveshaft from rksport since a gm ds is gonna run me right around 700. thanks for the help guys

Comment

so this should work without any modifications right? for a 98 v6? http://rksport.com/main/part_detail....mdid=1&catid=3

Comment

Just get a LS1 alum off ebay.
                Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                  Just get a LS1 alum off ebay.
                  X2 don't waste your money on one from RK or any other name brand place, ebay like $125-150 shipped.

Comment

id just go get a steel one way cheaper like 40 bucks if you find it local i have one i bought for 25. stronger then alum anyways

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X