Transmisssion coolant lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmisssion coolant lines

Hey idk if this has happened to anyone on her but this is the second time for me. The transmission coolant lines rub upagainst the k member or oil pan and wear a whole through then it starts to leak. Has anyone does a conversion to braided lines? If so what size ones would i need? And if no one has done this were can i get some new lines?? thanks

Re: Transmisssion coolant lines

zip tie it out of the way so it doesn't touch anything...
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I run -6an braided hose on mine. I bought 20ft of hose and the required hose ends and fittings and cut and assembled them myself.

You would also need a cooler that has AN or NPT in/outlets (not hose barbs).
      Last edited by Skinny; 04-25-2011, 11:09 AM.
      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
        zip tie it out of the way so it doesn't touch anything...
        well i would but now theirs just a hole thats leaking and i need it fixed.

and do you now what fittings i need for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Unique96Camaro View Post
          well i would but now theirs just a hole thats leaking and i need it fixed.

and do you now what fittings i need for it?
          You can band aid fix it with some fuel line hose and two screw clamps while you're trying to figure out a permanent solution.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
            You can band aid fix it with some fuel line hose and two screw clamps while you're trying to figure out a permanent solution.
            yeah im doing this till i find the real solution

Comment

I got transmisson line at Nappa and ran mine with hose, no problems going on 3 years. Did it because I swapped in a A4.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                I got transmisson line at Nappa and ran mine with hose, no problems going on 3 years. Did it because I swapped in a A4.
                yeah i just did that put hose instead.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X