OK what the Heck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK what the Heck.

i recently changed my slave cyliner on my camaro(96 3.8 t5) i ended up replaceing it twice,apparently it was a upgraded or reman.. but i ended up getting a OEM bran new one and installed it. so everythign was back together but my speedo doesnt work so im guessing the sensor went bad cause it did encounter some tranny fluid..so whatever,but i drove the car and with the new slave in the clutch disengages and engages nicely,it doesnt grab as low to the bottom as the reman. slave did, it grabs higher up which is good and i noticed that my rpms would drop more rapidly than before which makes my driving a little weird lol but i was in third gear one day @ 3500 rpms and i WOT it and i felt like it was slipping a bit?? wtf the clutch is almost new,but it's weird it sounds like it revs up a bit but the rpms are kinda staying the same..in other words the needle doesnt shoot up to redline?? anyone have advice or ideas,please toos them at me cause i dont want to drop a tranny again.also on that speed sensor.

Re: OK what the Heck.

if the rpms are staying the same then the clutch isnt slipping

all slipping clutches wont go to redline when it slips, it may only go up 500rpm or so then start to grab. I would try bleeding the clutch.

Comment

think i will try that again, im starting to think my rpms are not showing correctly,idk

Comment

go for a drive, go about 25mph, put it in 5th gear, then floor the car, and see if the rpms move.

if they dont, that is good, also try to be in 2nd at about 3,000 rpm, and floor it and see if the rpms go up a little also, it may only be slipping under a higher hp load

Comment

ill try it soon,im sick right now..unfortunately

Comment

ok guys i bled the clutch again and it feels fine,never knew that would fix the problem caus ei bled it good the first time...well i taught i did..this post can be deleted.

Comment

it's amazing with a little air bubble can cause
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X