my gear selector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my gear selector

On mine if I want to go past 105 mPH, I have to leave it in D to 105 MPH and then manually put it in 3rd to shift it out and then it wil go up to whatever 140 MPH , the guy who built it said he was setting it up for race 1/4 mile so I assume that he messed with 3rd to make it th race gear , any input, ever heard of this , he installed the Transgo and Vette Servo too? Jus a thought while the car is still down at the moment.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: my gear selector

Something is wrong with that. I've never had to do that in any of my cars. You still have your speed limiter?
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

yeah its werid , aslong as I go to 3rd then D I will have my speed limiter.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i have a regular 4l60e..(well at least i think so) and it doesnt go past 105mph either...i always assumed it was the limiter...but i never tried going from D to 3rd though..

Comment

that sounds scary.
          Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
          1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
          1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
          2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

are your trans tables ok up that high? maybe its not allowing the downshift?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
              that sounds scary.
              Yes. Yes it does.

That's really strange?

I swear my car isn't limited. I've buried the needle when the car was stock.
              In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
              2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
                Yes. Yes it does.

That's really strange?

I swear my car isn't limited. I've buried the needle when the car was stock.
                Was your car setup for USDM, or was it bought new in Canuckistan?
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                  Was your car setup for USDM, or was it bought new in Canuckistan?

LOL, before when I had my M5 on the dyno I was up to 137 in 3rd, when I had the tranny setup I told the guy when he rebuilt it with the transgo it was going to be for racing so maybe I'm thinking he thought I would leave it in 3rd when racing, but when I shift it I had it up to 140 mph, so I was just wondering if any one else had this problem with the speed limiter removed.

Comment

Here are the two things that could be wrong;

1. Your tune is bad somewhere. You previously had an M5 installed. Did you just overwrite that PCM with an A4 file, or did you completely swap to an A4 PCM? Did you switch to a 97+ PCM?

2. There is something wrong with the transmission. It sounds as if the shift solenoid isn't energizing if left in D. Short to ground somewhere?

Comment

I swap in a A4 PCM when I switch over since I had to wire in 16 wires for the A4 tranny, so I'm thinking #2 but I'll wait until the turbo takes it out then install a beefier tranny and stall at the same time. I really don't mind shifting it , and I know the tranny tables are good , so I'll just wait. Was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X