Stock converter lockup mph on a 3.4? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock converter lockup mph on a 3.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock converter lockup mph on a 3.4?

I did a search, but didn't find anything.

Does anyone know what mph the stock converters lockup at? I'm around 2500 rpms at 70 mph with stock 3.23s (as far as I know) and stock size tires. I'm around 2000 rpms with 3.23s in my other fbody. Is this normal for the 3.4s or maybe a bad lockup clutch?

I just bought this car for a daily driver and I'm still getting to know it.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Re: Stock converter lockup mph on a 3.4?

Torque converter lockup is controlled by the ecm inputs. Transmission temp, line pressure, engine rpm's, gear select, TPS position and mph. The T/C clutch solenoid is what the ecm activates for lockup. There are many variables but I would say between 2,000 and 2,500 rpm's sounds about right. Clutch shudder and slipping would be related to the clutch itself. Clutch not engaging or not releasing would be a problem with the clutch solenoid, which should throw a code. Something else that might affect the lockup would be a dirty trans filter.

Comment

Don't know on a 3.4 on the 3.8 its 1800 to 2200 depending on the later model A4. With 3.73 gears mine shift at around 3200 RPMS out of 2nd ,3rd, 4th
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

3.4grape, good info. Thanks.
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X