Clutch pedal height.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pedal height.

Just finished up installing the clutch pedal set and master cylinder in my car last night. The clutch pedal sits about 2" lower than the brake pedeal and only has about 2 1/2" of stroke. Is this correct? Everything looks right and like the pictures in the swap thread except for the pedal heights. In the swap thread they look to be at the same level/height with each other??

Pedals are from a 94 Z28 and my car is a 97 'bird.

Thanks for any info, this was a huge PIA drilling the holes and all. Took me about 4 hrs just for this part. Whoever decided the master needed to be under the brake booster needs his butt kicked.....

Re: Clutch pedal height.

Any input on this???

Comment

My clutch pedal sits about 1in to 2in higher than my brake pedal

Comment

does the pedal have play in it?(can you pull it up higher, but then it falls back down?)
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Did you bench bleed before installing?

Comment

Mine has the same bit of play in the pedal. Sort of tough to pull it out of first gear at ~5k rpm. I've bled it quite a bit, but need to pick up a new mityvac, mine broke.

Comment

I have not blead the master or the system. The master is used, so it still has fluid in it and the line.

So far all I have installed are the master and the pedals. I'm waiting on some time off of work to swap the transmissions. The pedal will not come up any farther than it is now. There is no pressure in the system right now though since its not hooked up to anything but the master feels like its at the top of its travel.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X