Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clutch issues

Originally posted by insaneABOT View Post
    Bled the system today and the pedal feels stiffer and the clutch engages much lower now. But when I drove the car and hit the gas the clutch just slipped I'm not sure if there is still air in the system but the clutch only seems to slip under load I'm not sure if the clutch is defective I'm puzzled at the moment
    new clutches will slip until they get broken in, try not to beat on it, drive it like a grandma for the first 500 miles so you dont put heat spots on the flywheel and ruin the clutch/pressure plate

Comment

alright thanks will do. Was getting worried because when I floored it the engines Rpms would climb up and when I would ease off the gas the clutch would grip again but it didn't slip to bad it slipped a tad bit not to extreme.

Comment

Well was taking it easy and the car started making a funny noise and I think the throw out bearing is gone. Every time I press on the clutch pedal you can hear a noise goes away when I release the pedal the noise goes away so I think the slave cylinder is gone

Comment

Well was taking it easy and the car started making a funny noise and I think the throw out bearing is gone. Every time I press on the clutch pedal you can hear a noise goes away when I release the pedal the noise goes away so I think the slave cylinder is gone
          did you replace the slave cylinder?

what kind of noise is it/how loud is it?

is it possible you can take a video?

when my TO bearing went out i only heard noises while i was starting to let the clutch out and the car started moving, and when i was coasting and pressed the clutch in, it was silent during idle

Comment

Didn't replace the slave cylinder just replaced the bearing. Sounds like chattering noise it only makes noise when I press on the clutch pedal not when I'm not pressing on the clutch.

Comment

Didn't replace the slave cylinder just replaced the bearing. Sounds like chattering noise it only makes noise when I press on the clutch pedal not when I'm not pressing on the clutch.
              is it loud at all, or barely noticeable?

my car has made a slight noise with the clutch pressed down with all three slave/to bearings i have used (including stock)

Comment

Here is video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ4XxBO8U5U

Comment

So I took off the transmission and I'm not even sure if the clutch is good I forgot to mention that the pressure plate and clutch disc where left out in the elements for about a month I think I'm just going to replace the whole set.

Comment

Going to replace the whole clutch set and slave cylinder

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X