Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch line solution?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Clutc...item1e601da6d2

New slave cylinder WITH hydraulic line attached on the 'bay; seller says will fit 3800 F-bodies...

If you need a clutch or slave cyl, is this the best way to get a NEW hose? Or, even if you Just need teh Hose?

My hose leaks and was gonna go to a yard for their best used, but if we were gonna do the slave cyl also anyways...

Your takes? tks...

Re: clutch line solution?

Judging from what I have seen people posting in the past its hard to find just the line. A cheap replacement for the slave is $65 anyways so I say get it. The end of my line is wore out from pulling the trans several times.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
      Judging from what I have seen people posting in the past its hard to find just the line. A cheap replacement for the slave is $65 anyways so I say get it. The end of my line is wore out from pulling the trans several times.
      tks.
      despite the sellers assurances that the hose pictured will fit an OEM or new master, I still wonder if the hose is removable... but yes, hoses are a tough find, if not used....

Comment

I thought I saw them for sale at napa or advanced recently... I was pricing out some parts and I think I came across the lines.

If its all original I would consider just replacing it all. Just about all of it is a pain in the *** to do.

Comment

Originally posted by mloaks View Post
          tks.
          despite the sellers assurances that the hose pictured will fit an OEM or new master, I still wonder if the hose is removable... but yes, hoses are a tough find, if not used....
          Yes it is removable. There is a small pin that you remove to pull it out of the master. That is how they do the drill bit mod.

Comment

Thanks again for all the help.
            Went to a industrial hose shop today and they said if I remove the fittings myself, they'd build a new hose for maybe $40.
            If available at NAPA, the above might be better. We hope a master cyl and good hose fixes the dead clutch pedal, and dont have to drop the tranny...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X