t-5 performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-5 performance?

hey guys I've heard alot about the t-5's being weak transmissions but I've also heard there good trannys, and if ur pushing alot of power to watchout for 3rd gear. Is there and thing like better gears and higher quality synchroze that can beef it up, my friend told me they offer straight cut gears for them but not to sure they'd be good for the street, any info is greatly appreciated.

Re: t-5 performance?

I got this from another forum so I'll just paste it

anything starting out on t-5's is to get the torque arm off the tailshaft. chassis/tunnel mounted torque arms, jegster torque arm work best for our cars since no one makes a torque arm relocation bracket for v6.

also to help is changing driveshaft as well as getting the dampner off the input yoke to the tailshaft of the trans. it creates rotational stress on the synchros.

dont rev/take it past 6200 unless using a dog ring style build (dog ring eliminates synchros, therefore you are in gear or out...no sliding) using synchros you can opt for billet synchro keys. alot stronger to hold more power/faster reving, shifting motors. these keys are an internal part.
    i shift at around 6000. i blew out 3rd gear once (i used to shift at 62xx rpm's)yet to experience any major problems.

another is to do the drill bit mod to the hydraulic line. undo the line to the trans and stick an 1/8th(if im correct) inch bit into the end of the hose. this relieves the back up of fluid to allow all pressure to the clutch allowing you to "hit" the gear instead of missing causing damage to the synchro and gears.

also make sure you have the right amount of fluid. very critical to have well lubricated gears

hopefully this helps to start out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X