no pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no pedal

after searching, seems I should start with clutch fluid level, then ck lines, then if no leaks master cylinder...

Where is the master cylinder?
    And what type fluid do y'all use?
    tks

Re: no pedal

btw, 98 base with 3800 and T5

Comment

Originally posted by mloaks View Post
      after searching, seems I should start with clutch fluid level, then ck lines, then if no leaks master cylinder...

Where is the master cylinder?
      And what type fluid do y'all use?
      tks
      Drivers side rear of engine bay. Youll see a white/clear cylinder shaped object with a small hose coming off the bottom of it. The top unscrews and should have a piece of rubber on the bottom of it that looks like a condom. DOT 3 or higher brake fluid.

Comment

Check pedal play first. Dont waste your time on the clutch system if your pedal has a lot of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowside View Post
          Check pedal play first. Dont waste your time on the clutch system if your pedal has a lot of play.
          this makes no sense, the hydraulics are the number one reason why a clutch pedal will have play in it

Comment

Ok So my trans was having a hardtime shifting. I went out and paid to have the slave and master fixed. Only to figure out that the pedal set was flawed. The rod that the bushing for the pedal sits on can be worn. Check that first. No pedal should have any play on our cars. Our clutches dont bleed. I had to buy a new pedal set. And it sucsk to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowside View Post
              Ok So my trans was having a hardtime shifting. I went out and paid to have the slave and master fixed. Only to figure out that the pedal set was flawed. The rod that the bushing for the pedal sits on can be worn. Check that first. No pedal should have any play on our cars. Our clutches dont bleed. I had to buy a new pedal set. And it sucsk to get out.
              our pedals do bleed, you shouldnt have to buy a new pedal set.. im thinking you got screwed by whoever installed that crap

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                our pedals do bleed, you shouldnt have to buy a new pedal set.. im thinking you got screwed by whoever installed that crap

Bro, I dont wanna be a ****. But thats what happened. And yes I got screwed I bet my slave and master was fine. The rod holding the clutch pedal to the master eye was worn and warped. So check the pedal play and take off the clip that holds on the pedal to master cylinder and look at the rod. If its worn its gonna be warn in front.

Comment

thanks for all the input.
                  master assy is out plenty of fluid and no leaks.
                  will chek condition of rod soon.
                  car has 169k; should we replace master assy anyhow with new??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X