Major slippage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major slippage

So my transmission is slipping like crazy. I even tried to lower the shift points to 5500 rpms but it still slips over to 6K.
    Question is about how much is a rebuild with a good stall and shift kit? I was thinking about a 3200stall any good recomendations on brand?

Re: Major slippage

Both of are cars doing this. Since ur in chesapeake check out monster transmissions. My buddy has a rebuilt tranny from them, its nice. Do on craigslist has one for sale for 650 I think. Definately need to meet my other va members

Comment

Word thanks for the info

Comment

You could look into getting a built transmission from Performabuilt or some of the other well known companies.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Be realistic about what you want to do with the car. No point in putting in a built trans and converter if you're not gonna race it. Think of your end goal.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

I dont see myself going to the track that often. And the trans only slips at High RPM. Do these things need band adjustments ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Watazz View Post
              Do these things need band adjustments ever?

There are no band adjustments on a 4L60E.
              sigpic

Comment

well then i guess ill be picking one up from those guys

Comment

Just sayin, there is really no need for a stall and shift kit on a regularly street driven car. It gets really old, really fast.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Shift kits help the tranny not slip so they last longer and theres no lag in the shifts they will last longer than with out one.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

got the trans back today, got a rebuild by the guy drhntr1 was talking about. Rebuild with transgo and vette servo was only $550 with a 2year warranty. Not bad considering he was puzzled i could even make it out of first gear. Ill be ordering the converter sometime this week, i will either go with the 2.2 s10 4x4 converter or stock. Ill post back after i get the trans in.

Comment

I got the Transgo Shift Kit, vette servo, plus a replaced TCC valve (mine was worn out and causing very hard 1-2 shifts) and couldn't be happier. Well worth the money, and gives perfect firm shifts. I think you're gonna be happy with it!

Comment

Regarding converters, aren't our stock ones at about 1800 rpm or something? What's a good replacement stall for some added pep on the street, but still have good driveability? I'm not into racing or taking it to the track, but I could see doing a stall someday to liven it up a bit. I wouldn't want something that would be annoying on a daily driver though.
                          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X