clutch pedal..idk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch pedal..idk

was driving around town saw a empty parking lot. My buddy looked at me and said " this v6 cant do a dount" i smiled and started doing donuts (The parking lot was wempty by the way). well i drifted out of the donut and the clutch pedal went to the floor i limped it home with out a clutch. parked it and the fluid is leaking out the bell housing. did i break the slave cyclinder? Do i need a new clutch? idk to year ago the raceing clutch burnt up at the track i let it cool and drove home fine. any ideas on what it could be guys? a shop had to install a new slave cyclinder before so this one has no more then like..25 miles on it. how could it break..its new?

Re: clutch pedal..idk

sounds like you busted your line for your clutch master. in which case you have to replace the entire unit.

most people replace the master and the slave at the same time....but you don't have to since it's alot of work.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i replace slave and master cylinder. now just have to find a way to get all the air outa of the line. Damn this thing a *****. any good way i tried the hanes way and **** still at it been at it for 2 hours. all i get is dribbles then a steady very weak stream come out the bleeder. still no pressure in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by 96camaro3.8 View Post
        i replace slave and master cylinder. now just have to find a way to get all the air outa of the line. Damn this thing a *****. any good way i tried the hanes way and **** still at it been at it for 2 hours. all i get is dribbles then a steady very weak stream come out the bleeder. still no pressure in the system.
        mityvac

Comment

i got a suction gun from work and that reall didnt work. but idk this thing is annoying if i let it gravity bleed itll drain all day but still no pressure. idk guys its pissin me off lol. but then again i have people helping me that wont listen to what im sayin f-in 19yr olds think they know everything.

Comment

another thing i know this is dumb but does the front of the car need to be level as i have it jack up on one side and not the other. could that be my problem?

Comment

Originally posted by 96camaro3.8 View Post
              another thing i know this is dumb but does the front of the car need to be level as i have it jack up on one side and not the other. could that be my problem?
              no the problem is the way the slave cylinder is designed

Comment

your saying the angle that it sits is the problem? gosh this things ridiculious.

Comment

I have bled the T5 a few times... It has nothing to do with angle.

I used to just run fluid through it pumpint the pedal(pulling it up as well), then close bleeder then used mightyvac at BASE of master and sucked the air bubbles up, while pumpint the pedal. I think its around 15 psig vacuum that you start pulling air past the seals, and its just pointless. just hook it up, get it to like 8psi vacuum and pump the pedal.

I have also run a clear fat hose over the bleeder, down to a mighty vac and bled it that way(good way to swap fluid)

I have also done the clear fat hose on bleeder screw into a 32 oz gatorade bottle, pumped the pedal with the valve open, keep adding fluid and watch until air stops coming out of the line.

in the middle I will close the valve and pump the hell out of it to get random air out of places.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X