which gears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which gears?

Hey guys I have a couple questions for you. How much should a shop charge to change out the carrier bearing on a torsen? And if I'm going to have it all pulled apart I was thinking of swapping gears but not sure what to go to. I have the stock 3.23 gears behind an m5 tranny. I did a search but couldn't really come up with an answer. I do a lot of highway driving so I don't want to go to 4.10s but I'm not sure if I will notice 3.42s. Any insight or opinions guys?

Re: which gears?

if you plan on staying n/a. Go with some 3.73s.

3.23s or 3.4s are nice on turbo cars.

Comment

3.73's can be just as nice on turbo cars, but staying N/A , 3.73's if you want a DD and 3.90/ 4.10's if you'll be taking to the track some.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Alright thanks guys for getting back to me so quick. Any idea how much someone would charge to install a set of gears and carrier bearing?

Comment

I was quoted on average $500. I found a guy that does them for AAMCO and he did mine for what he charges them: $250. He did an excellent job.

Regarding ratio. Go 3.73. I'm running those on my M5 and it's a blast. Great acceleration. 30 MPG highway... 2700 RPM @ 75 MPH.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

My car came with 3:23s and no posi, I switched to 3:42s and an auburn posi. Swap was well worth it, gears are great for dd but also are great when I run the car. Def noticed the change.
            3M MAFIA
            ________
            | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
            Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X