Transmission Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Compatibility

Was just wondering if a 5 speed manual from a 3.4 L v6 Camaro will bolt on to a 3.8 L v6 engine out of another Camaro. Thanks

Re: Transmission Compatibility

Whats the years of the vehicles, might helps us a little? Also what is your goal in doing this swap?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Well I have a '94 Camaro with a 3.4 manual in it currently. I found a 3.8 from a 2000 Camaro for fairly cheap and it comes with the manual transmission. The only thing is that I don't think the transmission on the 3.8 is any good. So I was just wondering if when I swap the 3800 in if I could just bolt up my manual transmission from my 3.4?

Comment

the manual trannys for our cars are garbage anyways...honestly to this day. i dont think ive ever been beat by a manual camaro v6.

Comment

Ok, here is your answer. No. 3.4's are 60 degree engines, 3.8's are 90 degree and have totally different bellhousings.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

if you get the correct bellhousing it should work

Comment

hmmmmm...well does anyone know what model the 5 speed is in the 2000 v6 camaro?

Comment

Originally posted by Green94Maro View Post
                hmmmmm...well does anyone know what model the 5 speed is in the 2000 v6 camaro?
                it is a t5

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X