how rare is this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how rare is this

i was checking my rpo codes to see what gears i have... GU6 which i believe means 3.42's.... but i don't have the Y87 package. Anybody else come across this?

Re: how rare is this

I have it too. and i also dont have y87. its cool havin it.

Comment

I have GU6 G80 with no Y87, so there are a few out there

Comment

I had a GU5 3.23's with a open diff. , but then it went to 3.42's with a Torsen diff and now its upgraded itself to 3.73's with a Torsen diff. I think its a Transformer.LOL If your not the orignal owner of the car someone else could have installed different gears and a diff. on it.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I've had 2 cars with GU6, and no Y87

2000 Firebird
          1999 Camaro
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

just another v6. no biggy and no need for signing up to barrett jackson
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
              Damm , and here I was going to bid 20,000 on it. LOL
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                hahaha i understand that... i just meant amongst other owners on the forum

Originally posted by timthescarred View Post
                I have GU6 G80 with no Y87, so there are a few out there
                what's the G80 option?

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                Damm , and here I was going to bid 20,000 on it. LOL
                you still can if ya wanna lmao

Comment

G80 i think is the lsd option

Comment

Oh, well either way I don't have that option.... Just the GU6

Comment

exact same thing here... the first 3.8l in cali came that way and apparently so did a lot of others..... even though gm records state otherwise

bottom line: a lot of our cars were built on a friday lol

Comment

GU6 on my '95 3800 V6 with no limited slip. I believe all 1995 3800's got 3.42 gears.
                        Stephen<br />1995 Pontiac Firebird<br />3800 Series II V6<br /><br />2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

I got it with the LSD too and no Y87. Actually I have every option that comes with the Y87 package but no code.
                          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Lame wish mine would have came with 3:42s, I just switched from 3:23s no posi to 3:42s with posi, love it.
                            3M MAFIA
                            ________
                            | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                            Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                            sigpic

Comment

Yea I've got a 2001 3.8 and was kinda suprised to see that option.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                3 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X