B&M Ripper Install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&M Ripper Install.

So I got my B&M Ripper short throw in the mail yeaterday from timmy, its in great condition for being a used shifter, anyway the only thing is it didnt come with install or adjustment instructions. Im pertty sure its just removing the four bolts on the stock shifter and putting the short shifter on and putting the bolts back on but I just want to make sure. I searched and cant find anything and couldnt find anything on google either, if anyone knows of a write up on it or can help that would be awesome, thanks guys.
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: B&M Ripper Install.

Originally posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
    So I got my B&M Ripper short throw in the mail yeaterday from timmy, its in great condition for being a used shifter, anyway the only thing is it didnt come with install or adjustment instructions. Im pertty sure its just removing the four bolts on the stock shifter and putting the short shifter on and putting the bolts back on but I just want to make sure. I searched and cant find anything and couldnt find anything on google either, if anyone knows of a write up on it or can help that would be awesome, thanks guys.
    its that easy, take your center console out, take the ~12 bolts out of the lower shift boot, unbolt the shifter, and install the new one.

you can put a small coat of RTV around the shifter edge where it contacts the transmission. I dont do it, but its a good habit IMO

Comment

Do i need to remove the whole console? or just like the leather boot area?
      3M MAFIA
      ________
      sigpic

Comment

Do i need to remove the whole console? or just like the leather boot area?
        you are going to have to remove the whole console, there is a ton of tiny bolts that are covered by the carpet

its not that hard to get the console out, i think it comes out with.. 6? bolts?
        two up front, two where the coin holder goes, and two at the bottom near the back under the cover

Comment

Oh ok, I can check my haynes book should show me all the bolts. Thanks man.
          3M MAFIA
          ________
          sigpic

Comment

Oh ok, I can check my haynes book should show me all the bolts. Thanks man.
            no problem.

good luck, its really straight forward

Comment

When I had the Ripper and when I had trannys swapped it was more time consuming to try and do it with the console in, figured that out after we put the Ripper in the first time. So yes I would take the console out pretty easy this was on my 96'. BTW it is a great shifter just watch out on your speed shifting into 3rd gear it took me awhile to get use to just that one out of all when racing. If you don't catch it don't push it or you will grind the hell out of it. LOL
              Last edited by ssms5411; 05-31-2010, 02:45 AM.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Alright going to get started here in a few. LOL thanks for the tip ssms :rock:.
                3M MAFIA
                ________
                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  3 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X