Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-4 Shift not shifting

Hi everyone,

I just had a local transmission shop install a corvette servo and a transgo shift kit in my 2000 camaro (4l60e trans) (since I was having the hard 1-2 shift, which is now fixed). But now that I got my car back, there is a new problem, my car will not shift automatically into 4th gear unless i let of the gas slightly and let the gear engage, otherwise, if i just keep the pedal down, and increase RPMs I hear a weird fast paced clicking/metallic noise from my car (I think, and I'm just about positive it's coming from the trans). The transmission fluid is brand new, and the camaro only has 57,000 miles on it.

Thank you,
    Bob

Re: 3-4 Shift not shifting

My truck does the same thing but shifting from 1st to 2nd, I was thinking the bands but idk. I would take it back to the shop asap and *****.
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Comment

Your transmission will not shift WOT into fourth.

Comment

They might have used too many spacers for your shift kit. A vette servo does the 1st and 2nd gear and the Shift kit does 3rd and 4th gear, if they tighten it too much where the actuator can't move (putting in too many spacers than you'll have problems) The guy who did my shift kit sid he could only use 1 spacer on mine since it was too tight to use 2 and would cause problems , but I hear of people using 2 -3 spacers and not having problems , so I guess it depends on the transmission and who does it whether how many spacers to use. But even with one spacer you can always fine tune it with HPtuners. I would take it back to where you got the work done and have them fix it ASAP so they can't blame up for anything. Good luck
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i would have been banging on thier doors already

Comment

yeah im pretty pissed, but the problem does seem to be getting a bit better (its shifting about half the time now, and it seems to be improving). maby everything had to (and still has to) break in a bit, and get situated in the trans.

Comment

Hey guys, lets not play the "SHOP SCREWED ME OVER" card, most of the time, when you guys come in with shift kits and other aftermarket parts, its just as new to us as it is to you. Crap happens, if its the shop's fault for something not working right, then hope its an honest shop and they correct it for free. (You payed for a 100% functional shift kit install, and the shop agreed to it, get it done. That's how we do it.) If they won't do what they said they'd do, take it to another shop and tell what happened. Most shops would **** a kitten for a customer who is looking for trustable work.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X