LCA relocation brackets came today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCA relocation brackets came today.

Will try to get them in this weekend. Hope this is the silver bullet for the wheel hop.

Going to be doing the wrench work myself. Let me know if you have and tips to make the job go easier.

Re: LCA relocation brackets came today.

bolt in or weld ins? relo brackets are always a worthwhile mod on our cars. Nice purchase
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Even for autocross? Thats the direction I want to take my car in, but I don't know if Relo's are going to be worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
        bolt in or weld ins? relo brackets are always a worthwhile mod on our cars. Nice purchase
        I went with the bolt in bracket. Mostly because the car is just mildly modified, I can install them myself, remove them if they don't work, and have them welded later if they do work.

Basically, bolt-in give me all the options I need.

Comment

I have some sort of dye cutter or something. You will need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark42 View Post
            I went with the bolt in bracket. Mostly because the car is just mildly modified, I can install them myself, remove them if they don't work, and have them welded later if they do work.

Basically, bolt-in give me all the options I need.
            i went with the bolt-in brackets for mine then after i installed had them welded in place once i drove and made sure it was on the right setting. definitely made a difference, especially since i'm lowered.

keep up the good work :tup:
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
              I have some sort of dye cutter or something. You will need it.
              For what?

Comment

I know for my bolt in UMI LCA brackets I had to cut the brake cable bracket or something. I forget exactly. Should be on your instructions.

Comment

I forget the brand of my relocation brackets but I just make sure their parallar to the ground like this ----------- , if it is up higher more wheel spin pointing down you'll get the wheel hop. I still like my poly bushings , never had any problems , noise , or any binding. They were the best investment for my car and I have all poly on my car and 1 rod end on the front lower A arms and no rubber bushings left any where on my car. I love it for DD and getting on it off the line and cornering. Also if you want zero traction problems UMI tunnel mount TQ arm is the way to go , so people say they decrease handeling but I just notice a increase in traction from dead stop and coming around corners.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 05-08-2010, 12:33 AM.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Today I put the car up on the stands to install the relo brackets when I grabbed the lower control arm and WOAH! Those bushings are squishy! I could clearly see the rear bushing, and I can easily twist the control arm with my hands as the bushing does.... not much.

So I ran out and got a set of Moog bushings, and will put those in first, then see if the relo brackets are still needed. Don't have enough time to actually install the bushings today, but they sure look better than the hollow version that is in the car.

This may also be why I didn't have wheel hop in my 96 Camaro V6. I ordered a suspension/handling package that may have used the solid bushings.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X