Tourqe Convertor Multiplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tourqe Convertor Multiplier

I don't think they would hold up very long with power addders since their rated at maybe 150 HP plus the heat would be a big factor also, and I wouldn't want it to blow up an taking out my tranny also. I looked into it awhile back and also called some shops and they agreed not to risk it esp. if I'm wanting at least 350 WRHP to 400 WRHP. But stock I guess it wouldn't hurt esp. running 3.42's or 3.73's and a cam in the 3200-6000 RPM range. But I would still trust a shop that builds its own and will rate them at a certain HP and is a 9.5" , lose 15-20 LBS of rotating mass and its only $200 more. Or sometimes you got to risk it to get the Biscuit. LOL
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Re: Tourqe Convertor Multiplier

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro View Post
      Any less reliable than my stocker? Been beating on that thing since day one and it's still good. I guess i may not do a convertor then becuase i really am not lookin to spend a few hundred on one right now.
      I would think yes, somewhat less reliable than your stocker. When the S10 converter locks up your motor would be making more power in that RPM range than when your stocker locks up.
      sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X