Advice: Need to pull my transmission - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice: Need to pull my transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice: Need to pull my transmission

So, my slave cylinder broke off of the transmission-snapped right off the bellhousing. I have found someone who says they will put the new bellhousing/slave cylinder in for 275 Labor. Too much? Any advice on what else should be done while he's in there?

Re: Advice: Need to pull my transmission

Take 2 days and do it yourself. The worst part IMO is the 2 hours or so taking everything out. Replacing the slave itself takes 10-20 minutes. Depending on how old your clutch is, do that too, if you are so inclined. There's alot of stuff to do down there, just depends on if you want to do it or not.

Comment

$275 labor isnt that bad, but its a fairly easy fix IMO

depending on how many miles are on you clutch, i would suggest replacing that also, but if you dont want to, then you can have the transmission out of there in a few hours to replace it, it shouldnt be that bad other than the crazy bolts at the top of the transmission

Comment

X2 if your clutch is old , do the clutch , flywheel , slave of course since its broke, TOB ( throw out bearing). And check the master cyl.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I've done lots of transmissions before but never one in the firebird so didn't know how long it would take me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X