Shift kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift kit

Has anyone had a shift kit installed by a tranny shop? if so how much was it?
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Re: Shift kit

Mine was done before the tranny was installed, so it was out of the car, which is easier, and it cost $160.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

just for labor or including the kit?
      auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
      15.11@91.14
      Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

From what I hear its not worth that money. Just get hp tuners, make the shifts faster. Why would any one what to make their shifts harder? I doubt it will get you down the track any faster. However, the vette servo is probably a good buy.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post
          just for labor or including the kit?
          Just labor, I think in car it would be about $200-$250 but I would call around to different shops to price it out. The shift kit/Vette servo is 100X better than just using HPtuners , the shift kit will make your tranny last longer by eliminating sloppy shifts plus you can decide how firm you want it with 3 different settings when it is installed 1-3 spacers ,1 lowest ,3 hardest shifting. Hptuners just fine tunes the shifts on how you want it , using shift properties and deleting TQ mang. so a shift kit is worth the investment. Also the perforamance built trannies like from Performbuilt will come with a shift kit and Vette Servo.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'm going to have a tranny built for 600. Holds up to 500 hp guy is named pal. I can give you his number if you would like.

has updated sun shell.
            servo.
            shift kit
            improved line pressure.
            and new a-b solenoids.
            and is set up for heavy street.

Comment

I found a guy for mine here local where they have a machine shop and they build 9.5" stall converters for all cars and do trannies on the side. The stalls are $290 if I pick it up and will hold up to 600 HP and so will the trannies hold 600HP with a year warranty even if its abused or go over their HP rating, so their pretty confident in their stalls and built trannies ,plus they provide the core so I keep my current tranny to resell which is great. They cut down the prices here local since they do all their machining themselves. He said they use the same interals as TCI and Yank so can't go wrong there. Tranny is $1030 I think it was.

Comment

I got a price of $200 plus cost of kit. That was for the TransGo kit. Much more involved than the B&M kit.

Comment

well i dont plan on ever pushing rediculous HP or even close to is. i really just want something to make it last longer and get me down the track faster. But i dont really wanna do the kit myself in fear that i could mess something up pretty bad!

New Time:
                  15.11@91.14
                  Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

well i dont plan on ever pushing rediculous HP or even close to is. i really just want something to make it last longer and get me down the track faster. But i dont really wanna do the kit myself in fear that i could mess something up pretty bad!
                    Ive had a trans go kit in my room for almost a year now. I need to get this damn thing installed, but the cheapest place ive found was $500 around here. And i wasnt including vette servo. This car is my DD, And with my lack of mechanical knowledge i think a shop is the best option for me too haha.

Comment

The trans go kit is what you want. Faster shifts, extended trans clutch life, cooler trans temps, and quicker ET. Plus it fixes a host of issues that simply raising the pressure like HPT does will not address.

If you are serious about making your trans live longer, don't do HPT to mod the shifts.

Comment

Only thing you don't mess with is the line pressure on HPtuners keep it stock since the shift kit ups the line pressure already. But you can use shift properties in hptuners to fine tune your shifts if you want them to shift quicker, mine is set for normal & perforamnce at .200 across the scale, really helped out alot. Plus there are other tables you can also mess with.

Comment

You need to remove torque management from the PCM when you install a shift kit in a 98 or newer or you will not get hard shifts. This is in the Transgo instructions and on the web page. You would remove torque management with HPtuners.

98 up: If vehicle has Torque Management this kit will not make hard shifts.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                            Ive had a trans go kit in my room for almost a year now. I need to get this damn thing installed, but the cheapest place ive found was $500 around here. And i wasnt including vette servo. This car is my DD, And with my lack of mechanical knowledge i think a shop is the best option for me too haha.
                            well i will try and get a quote before i buy the kit. if its that much then screw it! lol

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                            Only thing you don't mess with is the line pressure on HPtuners keep it stock since the shift kit ups the line pressure already. But you can use shift properties in hptuners to fine tune your shifts if you want them to shift quicker, mine is set for normal & perforamnce at .200 across the scale, really helped out alot. Plus there are other tables you can also mess with.
                            so .200 across normal and performance is about right? i got a buddy with DHP powertuners that has done a little tuning on my car. I'll have to get it set up for a shift kit for whenver i do install it.

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                            You need to remove torque management from the PCM when you install a shift kit in a 98 or newer or you will not get hard shifts. This is in the Transgo instructions and on the web page. You would remove torque management with HPtuners.

98 up: If vehicle has Torque Management this kit will not make hard shifts.
                            yea it'd be worthless without disabling TM

New Time:
                            15.11@91.14
                            Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

I'm glad I had a 02' A4 installed in mine when I had it swaped from a M5 to A4.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X