Built tranny and TQ convertor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built tranny and TQ convertor

I called this machine shop that builds TQ convertors and will do Built 4l60E trannies. There TQ convertors use the same parts as TCI , I can get a 3000 RPM convertor 2.0 STR 9.5 stall W/ lock up for $290, then the guy will build a 3.8 4L60E tranny with shift kit , Vette servo and $50 extra for a woven clutches(I think thats what he said) to support 600 HP for $1095 and no tax and I keep my tranny I have in the car, which I should be able to get at least $600 for since its a 02' with 20,000 miles on it with a transgo and vette servo and the guy replaced alot of cheap plasic gm parts with metal parts so it would last longer, he will put a shipping address when I pick it up for out of state(thats nice) no tax , then a guy will install everything for $300, so I can get my B&M deep tranny pan installed also. They warranty the convertor for 1 year no matter how much HP I through at it and the transmission also since i told them what I was palning on running. These guys advertise on Ebay alot and through racing and the tracks here, so they seem pretty honest to me, just by talking to them. he said i could do a 3200 stall with a 2.2 STR but I think I will eait and get everything on and dyno first. I'm also looking into a 9" with 3.50 gears. Silver96 was right a 9" is recommended by alot of shops, So I think I will cont. to shop for a 9" and then get everything ready for the turbo this month. I had alot of personal stuff going on and its finally starting to settle down so I can get to work on the car more. If you guys are interested in in a 9.5" convetter PM me and I will give you there phone #, they are based out of PHX, AZ. They build the stalls there he said which take 2-3 days to do and the tranny takes 7-10 days.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Built tranny and TQ convertor

nice prices there IMO if the work is good
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firebirddrvr View Post
      nice prices there IMO if the work is good
      He said they order the same parts as TCI , but since its their own machine shop they can keep prices down and they don't advertise alot becuase they do well though ebay and around town. With a year warranty i think its a great deal for a 9.5" vetter. he said he has done quite a few 3.8's in the past so it was othing new to him when I said it was a 3.8 4L60E. But for STR's he has a chart on which STR they can do with a certain stall speed. Even told me to come down and check out the place if I wanted to see them making converters. Since I'm 20 mins away.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yea I told you a 9'' was the way to go also. Those are really good prices if the products last and equal to everything you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Choppers View Post
          Yea I told you a 9'' was the way to go also. Those are really good prices if the products last and equal to everything you want.
          I forgot , you did also , wheres a good place to find a 9"? I'm still trying to find places here but still can't find any.

Comment

If you over to ls1tech they have a wide range of sponsors. Look at exotic performance plus. They are great guys and if you read up on them over on tech you will see they will set you up with everything you need. I would definately go over to ls1tech. I do most research on suspension parts over there and nitrous. You most likely going to hear everyone say go with a moser 9''.

Comment

Some options for you:

Exotic Performance Plus
              http://www.eppautomotiveperformance.com/
              Great prices on Moser stuff and probably the best customer service you'll find.

Midwest Chassis
              http://www.midwestchassis.com/
              They make a VERY nice fabricated 9" housing for f-bodies. It comes with a torque arm as well, since the stock style torque arm will not mount to this housing (similar to Moser's M9 housing).

Burkhart Chassis
              http://www.burkhartchassis.com/
              Another fabricated 9" housing. This one can use a stock style torque arm. I've talked with them on the phone but never purchased anything. Nice products.
              -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Honestly, a 10 bolt is really all you need. If it can survive in a 10 second LSx car, it shouldn't be a problem living behind your v6.
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

To a certain extent a 10 bolt may survive. Depending on how many miles is on it and how its been used. I believe Steve is going to be making clase to if not more that 400 hp. The 10 bolt may survive or it may not. He is just planning on not having to worry about it. Yea skinny provided you with good vendors to look at Steve.

Comment

If smokeshow is right and it puts down close to 450 WRHP , plus I have HP tuners for a 6.0 and a 02 LS1 which if I ever get tired of he 3.8 their will be a 450-500 wrhp, 6.0 or LS1 going in. So I would like a built rear , mine was just rebuilt with GM Motive 3.73's and ARP stud kit and has a T/A gridle about a little over a year ago but still don't think it will hold the Drag radials off the line with the 3.73's, I would rather sell my tranny and rear while their in great shape and get some money from them rather than get zero for them when their blown up. But I'm still pricing it all out I have enough to do the tranny , vetter and rear but I still want to see how the turbo responds first before spending the money. But I could always use the 9" rearend in any of the motor configurations, so it would be a good investment.

Comment

Yea Steve I think you put a good set of drag radials like Mickey Thompsons and add the 400 hp to it and the rear will probably grenade itself. I would look into a new rear before the transmission though. But if you can do both by all means go for it. Thats going to be one bad *** v6 when you are done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Choppers View Post
                        Yea Steve I think you put a good set of drag radials like Mickey Thompsons and add the 400 hp to it and the rear will probably grenade itself. I would look into a new rear before the transmission though. But if you can do both by all means go for it. Thats going to be one bad *** v6 when you are done with it.
                        Thats what I'm thinking since the UMI tunnel mount Tq arm just plants the 275/40/17 BFG-G-Force tires , I can brake stall it to 2200-2400 RPMs and it still just pulls straight off, and chirps 2nd and 3rd gear. I have my 275/40/17 M.T. Street drag radials still new on 17X9 SS rims and front Weld Prostars so I'm good there. I think I could get some decent cash for a 10 bolt with a new Torsen Diff and Motive 3.73's with all new seals including the axle seals and a TA cover and ARP studs that has about 8,000 miles on it and used Royal Purple since built. Makes zero noise even at 80 MPH. Same for my 02' tranny that was built up alittle stonger with a Transgo and Vette servo that has about 20,000 miles on it and uses Syntheic since built. I'm going for a soild built car that can take the AZ heat and any punishment that I want to put to it being safe of course with the boost when its 120 degrees outside of course.So If I could get at least $550 for the rear end and $600 for the tranny I would be doing well instead of blowing them up and getting $100 for a TA cover. LOL Thanks Choppers and Skinny thanks for the links.

Comment

Not trying to tell you can't get that much for the rear end and transmission. But I think you are going to have a hard time getting that much. Probably more like 350-400 for the rear and 400-500 for the tranny give or take. At least here local most go for less than that but if you find somebody you know and that needs one and know you, you may be able to get that since they know where its coming from. But yea I can't wait to see you get this build done.

Comment

I figure the scrap yards here sell used 50,000 + miles rears with 3.42's for about 350-$400 , So with 3.73's and a ARP stud kit/TA cover should beable to get $500+ at least, A4 trannys used go for $400-$450 at salvage yards , thats what I paid for my 02' A4 , then had the Transgo /vette servo install and upgraded parts , so $500-600 would be more than fair, will see though, I just want the rear end so I can lower my gear ratio down from 3.73's to either 3.25's or 3.50's, I think I will do the 3.25's will give it more time to spool and I can get a 3500 stall with a 2.5 STR. Should work out alot better. Just need to find a nice price on a 9". I figure a 9" , the built tranny and stall with $300 tranny labor will total $4000 which isn't bad. I'm going to go ahead and find and order the 9" then get started on the turbo, sucks I can only work on it for about a hour and then I'm hurt for about 2-3 days.
                            Last edited by ssms5411; 03-11-2010, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Lowest price so far for a 9" trutrac limited slip, 31 spline moser axles put together and shipped is $2569 anyone know any place cheaper?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X