T5 Trans Build up Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T5 Trans Build up Questions

I am in the planning stages of beefing up the trans to hold the power from my turbo setup.

I do not think i will be able to afford a GForce but my buddy is an engineer who has experience rebuilding T5s. My question is, with the correct parts, would I be able to match the durability of a Gforce?

I would buy the:

billet 3-4 synchro keys
    Brinze Fork Pads
    bronze shifter bushing
    Hardened Input shaft (Not sure where to buy this)

Parts would only be like $200.

What do you guys think? What else would I need?
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Re: T5 Trans Build up Questions

You can always try it, G-FORCE sells their parts also , so could try it out. A clutch that holds the power would be the next problem also ,esp if its a DD it might get alot of chatter with the higher stages of clutches. Good luck.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i have the same mods in my tranny

Comment

I am installing a Centerforce here shortly so the clutch wont be an issue, but once the clutch holds the power......kaaaaaboom goes the trans, I can see it now.

Thanks for the reply, so there are no others parts I would need to beef the trans up, just whats listed above?
        SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

why not just get a stage 1, keep the trans the same, and replace clutches as needed. I am sure you wont go through clutches hella quick. And its gonna be the cheapest point of wear. because the next points are trans and rear end

Comment

I already have a Z28 rear end. The weakest link will be the trans. I am not about to start replacing clutches 3 times a year. Thats a big job.

Good suggestion tho

Comment

Originally posted by FuryCharger View Post
              I am installing a Centerforce here shortly so the clutch wont be an issue, but once the clutch holds the power......kaaaaaboom goes the trans, I can see it now.

Thanks for the reply, so there are no others parts I would need to beef the trans up, just whats listed above?
              i also have the billet cluster plate

Comment

Hey Fondle. Is your trans holding the power on your car? You have a turbo right?

If I built the trans as listed above how much would it hold?

Comment

its held up so far, its only been driven around 600miles since its been built though

they guy who built it said it would be good for 500, but who knows

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X