Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel Replacement

hey all -

I am looking for a cheap replacement flywheel cause I dont want to go and have it resurfaced. Would the following flywheel be ok? It is about 40-50 dollors cheaper than GM parts direct.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...0&Ntt=flywheel
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Re: Flywheel Replacement

Why dont you want to have it resurfaced? Its cheaper than buying a new one, and might have been balanced to match the rest of your rotating assembly.

Comment

I have to do my clutch job in 1 day and it would be a lot easier if I had a replacement one there instead of find a shop to resurface it for that one day.

Can you elaborate on how my flywheel would be balanced with my rotating assembly?
      SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

Originally posted by FuryCharger View Post
        I have to do my clutch job in 1 day and it would be a lot easier if I had a replacement one there instead of find a shop to resurface it for that one day.

Can you elaborate on how my flywheel would be balanced with my rotating assembly?
        i have no idea why my post in this thread was deleted, but you dont have to baance the flywheel with your rotating assembly

Comment

They are meant to be interchangeable, and as long as it is within 10 grams it will be fine. I dont know if the flywheel is balanced with the rotating assembly from the factory or not. Most likely they just keep things within certain specs. By rotating assembly I am referring to the flywheel, crank, rods, pistons and harmonic balancer. You can balance the flywheel itself, but it is considered neutral until it is bolted to the rotating assemb. Im sure you'll be fine swapping it out, but I wanted to explain what I was referring to.

Comment

No problem. I guess I am just concerned with the possible durability of the part compared to OEM. The same is true for a rhino flywheel. They are significantly cheaper than OEM but would they have not as good of quality?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X