Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t5 question

is the transmission the same for 93-02?

im pretty sure i need a new one, and a few people here are selling ones from a 3.4

i have a bellhousing, but i just need to know if it will work with my car ('98)

thanks

Re: t5 question

Well as far as i no u can put a 3.4 tranny into a 3.8 and tge bellhousings are the same but not for sure if the mounts and the crossmembers are the same but have been told by serveral people that u can
    best thing i could tell u ta do is get under the car and get sum measurements of ur tranny and then make sure that they are the the same

Comment

Originally posted by Jbarton34 View Post
      Well as far as i no u can put a 3.4 tranny into a 3.8 and tge bellhousings are the same but not for sure if the mounts and the crossmembers are the same but have been told by serveral people that u can
      best thing i could tell u ta do is get under the car and get sum measurements of ur tranny and then make sure that they are the the same
      thanks, i do know that the trans is the same length since the driveshafts are all the same

i guess i just need to see if the mounts will line up, same with the two pieces that hold up the trans at the front

Comment

Ya and if it all checks out for ya let me no cause ive been curious about this 1 4 a long time
        good luck man

Comment

I believe the 3.4 T5 and the 3.8 T5 use different style VSS.

Comment

They do use different style vss. the 3.4 is gear driven and 3.8 is magnetic. found this out too late. tail shafts are slightly different cuz of this as well. i unfortuantly found this out recently, guy told me trans was out of 98, turns out it was out of a 94.

Comment

thanks, so is it easy to get it to work, or should i just look for another trans?

Comment

I would consider the way i got it to work damn near rigging it. had to swap tailshafts, remove both gears from each trans, bend couple pieces of thin steel around the shaft for a place for 3.8 gear to sit, 3.4 gear sits further back the shaft, then had to tack it in place.

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                  thanks, so is it easy to get it to work, or should i just look for another trans?

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a 3.8 T5

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X