Want a posi rear with 3.42 gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a posi rear with 3.42 gears

Hi, i have a 97 v6 firebird with lsd 3.08's i wan to get a 3.42 posi. What rear ends fit into our cars? do i need a 93-97 rear or can i also get 98+ rears?

Re: Want a posi rear with 3.42 gears

you can yank the entire rear off of a 98+ z28 and have rear discs, posi, and 3.42's all ready to roll. check out your local yards or guys selling them.

if not, find a used posi off ebay or ls1tech and some 3.42's with good wear and you're ready to swap in. i have 3.23's and open diff currently, about to swap in a posi and some gm 3.73's
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

can i also use 92-02 birds and 93-02 camaro rears? also from swaping to drum to disks does anything need to be done or is it built right in and go?

Comment

93-97 rears are the same 97' got disc on V6's but V8's had disc's for some years I think, theres a writeup on installing discs onto drum rears in the how tos :http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=63738
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

im picking up my z28 parts car today. im going to be cutting the rear end out it has 3.42 posi disc rear in it. if anyone needs doors or a hatch let me know. its a 95? i think. has alot of front damage. rear bumper cover is good i think. ill get a better look today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X