Got my B&M deep transmission pan today - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my B&M deep transmission pan today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my B&M deep transmission pan today

This thing is so much thicker than the stock pan its crazy and its alm., plus holds 3 more qts. of fluid which equals more cooling effect for the tranny. I'm going to wait until I get a Performbuilt stage II tranny and convertor before it goes on. It also has a drain plug and fill plug which is nice. Thought I would give my input on it. Anyone else running one of these?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Got my B&M deep transmission pan today

Sounds pretty awesome. How much lower does it sit to hold more volume?
    sigpic

Comment

wasnt aware of this...where did you get it and how much? and I would also like to know how much lower this sits...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thuder Racing, $185 shipped i think it was , sits about 3-4"s lower( I'll measure it) so its not as low as the oil pan I think, but its like 10 times thicker than stock one(estimating), comes with a alm. extender for the filter, gasket and the stock dip stick will work fine with it also, I can take some up close pics of it if you want?
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Heres some pics: Its about 4"s deep.
          Attached Files

Comment

Those are great, got one for my ol' chevy with a 700r4 before blowing up the tranny. Wondering why they put the drain plug so far up. Would of been nice to see it closer to the bottom so you won't have to do the balancing act with the fluid when dropping the pan.
            Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Thats the fill plug the drain plug is on the bottom like where the drain plug for the oil pan is.

Comment

Oh that would make more sense. Bad assumption on me since that's the only one I saw, thanks for clarifying.
                Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I have one of those for my TH350. Mine doesn't have a fill plug, but I'm not sure that's really necessary on an automatic pan.

Edit: Just looked at the pics of yours. Are you sure that's not a temperature sending unit bung on the side of the pan, not a fill hole? The hole in the side of mine was intended for a trans temp gauge.
                  Last edited by Skinny; 02-14-2010, 12:48 PM.
                  -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X