12 bolt or 9"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12 bolt or 9"?

Thanks for the feedback guys, I will see what 12 bolts and 9" rears are going for, maybe even the 8.5" rears off the Ford Explores. I still have my Hptuner lic. for a all 02' LS1's and all 00' 6.0, 5.7,5.3 GMC/chevy trucks(just need to pick one and it will lic. that motor) , so if I ever get rid of the 3.8 there will be a V8 swap going in, thats why I would just go straight to the 12 bolt etc. if my Torsen starts to go out, because the car is not going anywhere. Thats why I did all the suspension mods and I'm sure I can get a Tub. K for the V8 engine to go with the Tub. A arms, I was just thinking ahead. I almost got a LS2 engine and trans(06 GTO)$7000 before I went with the turbo. Will see though got alot of room to store stuff. I have to have a auto so no 4:10's with a T56. LOL
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Check out http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/. They are really good guys over on the tech. Yea a 12 bolt or 9' rear end new with everything can range from $1500-2500 depending on what you get. What number are you going to be putting down you think Steve?

Comment

Shooting for at least 350-400 wrhp or whatever 10-12 PSI and will max out at 15 PSI , but if summer gets here too soon I'll be happy to run just 7 PSI and make 300 WRHP until the weather cools again. 110-120 degree heat sucks.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Not trying to insult you here Steve. But I don't think you are really going to need a 12 bolt or even a 9'. You are an auto which reduces the stress on the rear ends compared to the t5. If I were you I would get a girdle and then moser axles and call it a day. 300hp isn't going to break that thing unless its already weak in my opinion. Heck they have people running 400-500hp on ls1tech with stock rear ends. The manuals tend to just put alot of pressure(the sudden jerks from launching) on the rear ends is the reason for them breaking and grenading. This is just my opinion unless you seriously just have the money sitting around then i'd go big and be done with it and get a 9'.

Comment

I t won't be 7PSI all year, just in summer since the heat is extreme on cars here, esp. turbo cars. Probably around end of Nov. to end of March weather is still good so I would run the 15 PSI at the track which N20Equip dynoed 450 WRHP on 10 PSI becuase he had the right turbo for his car. Me with similar mods 9:5.1 Diamond forged pistons, and I think he was running only 90LB valve springs and thats it, I will be running 105LB springs but have 130lb springs and double roller and alot of other stuff on standby. I have a TA grindle with the ARP stud kit already.

My car dead hooks everytime with the 3.73's so far but with the GT35R boost should come before 2000 RPMS and stay until 6000 RPMS or when ever it shifts. I see alot of guys here on AZFBA club that switch to 12 bolts most over 400 WRHP but they do weigh average of 3400-3600 LBS , I don't think they do weight reduction. Mine being when I'm done should be 2600LBS without me and 2870 LBS with me(or someone lighter driving,LOL). I'm just pricing them out and wanted peoples opinons on them, here the club has all 12 bolts that I have seen, one with twin turbos 800 wrhp+. I'm not going to buy anything until it breaks, same with the tranny. If I find the right LS1(will mod it to 450 WRHP) or 6.0 engine(mod it to 500 WRHP+) for a great price I will keep them and mod it up until the V6 goes out.

I am getting a 08' L26 N/A engine this month for $400 with 1200 miles on it and will work on that once the turbo is done, I have all parts except J.E. 9:9.1 forged pistons, Clev.77 bearings , and will find a good cam for it. The tranny might last awhile I think, it is a 02' A4 shift kit , vette servo and the guy went through replacing parts, 40 years in building trannies. But theres always Performbuilt, if I do that the turbo V6 will be in there until the tranny goes.LOL I blew up my M5 with my powerdyne I had running close to 300WRHP/330 TQ shattered 3rd gear. Your not insulting anyone Choppers , I like to here peoples opinions on stuff becuase it gives me more info on stuff that I don't know about or forget, I just right the stuff down ,so I can remember for later on. Thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X