Trans mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans mount

Do the Prothane Trans mounts from summit take any fabrication for our cars? part # 7-1604

Re: Trans mount

Never personally used the prothane tranny mount (I've used their motor mounts before) but if it's similar to the energy suspension part, then you will need to slot the hole in the center of the crossmember a bit further so the hole in the tranny mount lines up. Nothing a die grinder or even a drill can't handle.
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Originally posted by Watazz View Post
      Do the Prothane Trans mounts from summit take any fabrication for our cars? part # 7-1604
      What year car? Auto or 5-speed?
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
        What year car? Auto or 5-speed?
        Sorry about that. It's an auto.

Comment

I've actually been wondering the same thing. I've been through two tranny mounts in the past 20,000 miles. I got some poly motor mounts, and I wanted to go poly for the tranny mount but the only ones listed look like the one your talking about, completely different than the mount for a manual. I called up energy and they told me they don't even have a listing for a 2002 Camaro manual transmission mount. Is anyone running a polyurethane mount on there 5-speed?

Comment

Sorry about that. It's an auto.
            And the year? 93-97 are different from 98+ cars.

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
              And the year? 93-97 are different from 98+ cars.
              1995 with the 3.8

Comment

no put mine in today

Comment

just looks different

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
                    no put mine in today
                    Is that the same part #? What year and trans do you hav?

Comment

Looks the same as the one I got in mine now, pretty easy install the is a guide in the HOW TO SECTION, I used that guide and used rubber bushings to fill the 1/2" gap so the pinion angle on the drive shaft stays at zero. Work great for me I just did bushings on the 1 side that would raise it to the correct angle. The drilling the new hole was easy just mark it and drill or cut. I havea nice pic on my Cardomain site , I will be going with a black one here soon since I like the black better and it is a different design, might not have to use the rubber bushings.

Last edited by ssms5411; 02-05-2010, 04:52 AM.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yes and a 200 but they are the same though the years auto or manual

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                          Looks the same as the one I got in mine now, pretty easy install the is a guide in the HOW TO SECTION, I used that guide and used rubber bushings to fill the 1/2" gap so the pinion angle on the drive shaft stays at zero. Work great for me I just did bushings on the 1 side that would raise it to the correct angle. The drilling the new hole was easy just mark it and drill or cut. I havea nice pic on my Cardomain site , I will be going with a black one here soon since I like the black better and it is a different design, might not have to use the rubber bushings.

If you use the cross member from a Auto V8 (93-97), you get rid of the 1/2" drop and don't need the spacers.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=82562

Raven

Comment

I actually have a crossmember I bought for this , but I didn't read the writeup correctly and can't use it becuase mine is a M5 originaly and swapped in the A4 so it won't work for me , so I do have a extra V8 LT1 A4 crossmember, good point , I forgot about that Robert, I would rather have the crossmember than do the bushings , myself.
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Are you just using sway bar link bushings to fill the gap? Thx guys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X