Rear Clunking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Clunking

Hey guys ive got a weird rapid clunking coming from what sounds like my rear when i take a left bend or im stopping. Sounds like its coming from the driver side. Could be between the rear seats too tho. I just put a new rear with LSD in it. Any ideas?

Re: Rear Clunking

Could be LCA bushings. But inbetween the rear seats, might be related yo your LSD or driveshaft.

Comment

I think I would jack the back up and take a look for anything that might have gotten loose. If I didn't find anything there I would pull the rear cover and take a look inside there.
      sigpic

Comment

I was thinking more driveshaft. I just put new LCAs on. 3peice poly balls, so I'm thinking it's more drivetrain related. Thanks guys.

Comment

check your torque arm mount also

Comment

its your lca the bolt is loose happened to my car a couple of times and also cheak if yor shock is tight enough on the bottom for sum reason they r common things that go loose on my car till i lock tighted them

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
              its your lca the bolt is loose happened to my car a couple of times and also cheak if yor shock is tight enough on the bottom for sum reason they r common things that go loose on my car till i lock tighted them
              Yea, jsut got my LCA installed, I think after some driving everything needs to be gone back overr. Im getting clunking from DS, right near back seat.

Comment

I have the exact same problem and I just got a rear put on too. I actually thought it could of been my exhaust rattling against the body cause he moved it a little when he put it on. But i think its most likely the driveshaft, at least with me.

Comment

ill recheck those LCAs, and if the problem persists i guess its time for a 1LE.

Comment

when you installed the new LCAs, did you reuse the stock bolts? if so, did you use loctite? the LCA bolts use pinch nuts and are TTY unless you use loctite.

also, check your track bar (panhard) - it may be loose. not sure if you had to, but when i installed my torsen, i had to remove the track bar for clearance.
                    Last edited by checkbit; 01-22-2010, 12:30 PM.

Comment

well i put the torsen up there like 4 months ago. And i did the J&M LCAs with the UMI panhard. But i havent checked either since i instaled them in december. So im thinking thats the issue.

Comment

Check the trq arm buching where it connects to the tranny.. get in the car start it throw it in gear and open the door and lean out and look under it as is rolls and hit the brakes. you will c the trq arm jumping up and down. happened to me a few months ago.it clunks at lonch and does it a few times when i stop or hit a bump.

Comment

I checked out all the suspension stuff and the tq arm. Also the DS (which im replacing soon, found a 1le for $60). and they all checked out, so i took it to a guy i know to open up the rear and see WTF is going on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X