Eaton LSD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eaton LSD?

Just wondering if anyone has an Eaton LSD, how you like it, and how it compares to the Auburn and Torsen.

Thanks.

Re: Eaton LSD?

I replaced my torsen with an Eaton...I love it...seemed a little lighter as well. My torsen got torn apart at the race track...spider gears sheered right off (which is a common issue when you start putting a little power and sticky tires to these things)...the eaton has held up fine...Apparently the eaton is supposed to be "bullet proof"

My torsen tore apart on a 2.0 60ft.

My eaton has held up to several 1.84 60ft launches...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yeah... Torsen and other helical differentials can't handle the stress of a "sudden shock" as well as the clutch type differentials like Auburn and Eaton. Clutch types are also feasibly rebuildable, unlike the Torsen.

Although, if you're not looking to putting too much stress on the rear end, Eaton makes a helical Truetrac differential. Just another option in case you preferred that over a clutch type.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I have a new Eaton Truetrac LSD (all gear). Only been driving around on it for a few weeks, but it performs very well. Locks up when it should, and is noise/chatter free. It is much stronger than the OEM Torsen unit.

If your car is a street machine and only occasionally sees the drag strip, I suggest going with the Eaton Truetrac. You will never have the unit fail from worn out clutches, and it outperforms clutch LSD's in adverse traction situations.

Comment

When mine goes its time for a 12 bolt or 9" then it will bullet proof, theres more stuff to go wrong on the 10 bolts than the LSD. ESP. if your keeping the car around.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X