t5 or t5wc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t5 or t5wc?

hey guys i was lookin up some stuff and was just wonderin wat the difference was between the two. and wat they came in, would they be interchangeable on our firechikens. any info greatly appreciated

Re: t5 or t5wc?

t5 is v6 I think only the 3.4
    t5wc is not for us and is for I believe the older v8s

Comment

T5WC became standerd on the later f-bodys and are a stronger transmission with better internals then the standered T5. as for interchangability i'm not sure if they share a common bolt pattern. if you have a 3.8 then the T5WC will work and came standerd.

Comment

i have a 96 3.8l. about how early did they start usin the t5wc

Comment

you have the T5WC i believe it was in 1988 that the F-bodies got the WC. but you do for sure have the T5WC which on your tail housing there should be a tag with the number 13-52-XXXXXX. also only the V8's got the WC in 1988 then in 1993 the V6's started using the WC.

Comment

You can use a T5 from 96-02 their all WC's, Borg was bought out by Tremec , so the later T5's will be Tremec and the 96' like yours will be Borg but both are WC's. I put a 00' T5 in my 96' when I had a T5, then went to a 02' 4L60E about 3-4 years which 96-02 A4's will work also if needed.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

This should help some of you with T5 tranny id and gear ratio Q's. http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/Bo...T5-ID-Tags.htm
              78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe w/85 GN SFI turbo induction, 200-4R OD, 3.73 posi(pictured in Sep. 99 Hot Rod Power Tour Article 87 Shelby Charger (under construction)reardrive conversion, SC3800, T-5, Independent rear. Estimated weight 2400 lbs.

Comment

No my 1994 is a nwc T5. Not world class. We share the same bolt pattern as ford t5's

Comment

I believe yours is a WC tranny, but the WC trannies that are behind the V6 cars are still only rated at 230 ft/lbs. because of the gear ratios(tooth count on the input shaft) is the big difference.
                  78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe w/85 GN SFI turbo induction, 200-4R OD, 3.73 posi(pictured in Sep. 99 Hot Rod Power Tour Article 87 Shelby Charger (under construction)reardrive conversion, SC3800, T-5, Independent rear. Estimated weight 2400 lbs.

Comment

96-02 WC trannies in our cars are rated at 300 FTLBs and 300 TQ, thats about the power level when gears start breaking, esp. 3rd gear. I know I broke 3rd gear completely off. running around 300 hp and 330 TQ at th wheels.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X