driveshaft hitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driveshaft hitting?

can the pinion angle being off cause the driveshaft or anything else to hit the floorboard? i recently replaced my transmission mount with the polyurethane mount and i used a nut for a spacer. i put it between the transmission mount and crossmember rather than between the trans and mount. i didn't actually measure it, i wasn't thinking about pinion angle at the time, but i think it was really close to 1/2"

now something is hitting the floorboard over bumps and when mashing on the gas.

Re: driveshaft hitting?

shouldnt be your driveshaft...one side is in the rear and the other is in the trans...get under there and see what is loose...if its moving and hitting when you go over bumps...its something down there that you can move with your hand...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Re: driveshaft hitting?

ok.. got it fixed, when i installed the poly trans mount i put a 1\2" nut as a spacer on the bottom of the trans mount rather than the top.. and the lock washer had been making its way through the cross member. so there was a gap between the nut and cross memebr allowing the trans to flex... still don't understand what was hitting exactly. but i made some plates for spacers for the top and its fixed.

and i do know where the driveshaft goes:)
      and there wasn't anything i could move by hand, but thanx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X