T5 won't go into gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T5 won't go into gear

Ok guys i did the a4 to m5 swap a year ago and i did something stupid by not putting a new slave cylinder,however the master was new,and i kept loosing fluid slowly for the past month and now i was backing up and with the clutch pedal in all the way the car started to go in reverse and would not get out of gear so i had the shut of the car so now im gonig to change the slave as i think tis is the problem,the master was new when i installed it about 10k miles ago so this shouldn't be it,however is there a way to check if it's good,my friend said if you push in the pedal and it stays down it's shot,but my pedal comes right back up.

Re: T5 won't go into gear

sounds like a slave to me, can you leave the car in gear without pushing in on the clutch without killing the car?

Comment

like i have said in one of your other threads, your slave is most likely bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
        sounds like a slave to me, can you leave the car in gear without pushing in on the clutch without killing the car?
        no when it was in gear the clutch was completely depressed and the car started moving,so i had to shut of the key,im already taking of the D/S and torque arm,so ill replace it and see how it goes.

Comment

you know you have to remove the transmission to replace a slave right?

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
            you know you have to remove the transmission to replace a slave right?
            yep lol,sucks

Comment

ya it does lol, i have had to do mine twice now, and probably a third time when i get the car running and the power from the turbo kills my clutch

Comment

You also have to take the bell housing off to get the slave off the input shaft, if you can you should loosen those bell housing bolts while the tranny is still hooked up, or else ist kinda a pita to do it when the tranny is out. Have you bled the slave since its started doing this???
                1997 Chevrolet Camaro
                L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

yeah finished it today and the car works great,now the clutch grabbs alot higher than before and i can actually down **** into a very low gear even at high speeds(except first gear lol) so i just need to get used to it,im like a noob now cause im riding the clutch since im use to it grabbing at the bottom due to the bad slave,lol hoepfully it will be the same tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X