• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good racing clutch?

Looked throughout the site and couldnt fond any links
    wantin ta know what u guys are using on ur cars
    any imput would b appreciated lookin ta spend around $300

Re: Good racing clutch?

Best bet is the Centerforce Dual Friction. It's what I'm running, holds 90% more than stock, so it should be good to go for heavy duty.

Comment

I had a Spec 3+ W/ ceramic disc, and it held while my 3rd gear in my tranny blew. Around 300 WRHP. and it lasted until it was pulled and sold with the tranny and still looked great after 3 years. Just make sure you use GM's piolit bushing and throw out bearing Specs are crap, GM's is way better.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

With my project car (see http://www.camarohomepage.com/project/index.htm for details) I've been using a Mcleod clutch and disc for a couple of years now. I'm at 275-hp on the motor and 325 with nitrous oxide and the clutch holds just fine. A slight increase in pedal effort but not much.

Comment

I bought a Gripforce F1 stage 2 with a lightweight flywheel for my car. Its 200% better than the old OEM, and it shows. Great grabbing force and easy to drive with. It set me back about $475, but well worth it.

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
          Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

4 differing answers:cool:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X