Necessity of parts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necessity of parts...

So, I was wondering about these parts so don't flame me just a quick Q&A.

1. Are the engine to trans braces necessary or do I need to leave it on? They're the two stamped steel pieces that attach to the bottom ears on the trans.

2. The heavy effing counterweight on the end of the trans, what is it for? Harmonics? Dampening? Is it pretty useless for dampening now that I'll be using poly mounts or should I leave it on? Only use I saw it had was holding up the exhaust, but my exhaust doesn't go that route anymore and have no use for it as a hangar.

Thanks, back to planning for scouts!

Re: Necessity of parts...

I'm not sure what your asking about in ? #1. The dampening weight I removed on my car with no problems.

Comment

When I used my UMI tunnel mount TQ arm I got rid of the counterweight and everything else on back of the tranny. I haven't had any problems for 2 + years. I think they used the big counter weight becuase on stock exhaust the hanger goes throughs a rubber mount,so I would think they used it to counter vibration from the exhaust and movement. My new exhaust didn't come with a hanger to attach to there , but I wouldn't use it anyway the shop just fabbed one up down further since mine is before the axle.
      Last edited by ssms5411; 12-17-2009, 09:22 PM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
        So, I was wondering about these parts so don't flame me just a quick Q&A.

1. Are the engine to trans braces necessary or do I need to leave it on? They're the two stamped steel pieces that attach to the bottom ears on the trans.
        As far as i know they are there to help support where they join at the bottom. I would not remove them even though i know they make things a PITA
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X