speed limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed limiter

i have a 00 camaro and its top speed is 118mph is there anyway i could disable my speed limiter? has anyone here disabled it and up to what speed would my car go without the limiter?

Re: speed limiter

yes, you can disable the speed limiter

it really depends on your gears and everything, but i dont think you will go much faster without modding the car

but if you drive a 5 speed with the stock gearing, you can potentially do 187mph in 5th gear at 5500rpm

Comment

ive hear they can do in the mid 130s without a limiter and stock engine

programers can disable it

please tell me ur not running 118 on the streets...

Comment

HPTuners. Change it to whatever number you want....

Comment

There's this one long pretty straight stretch of road that I use. It's fun. I use it at night. Like 3-4 in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
            There's this one long pretty straight stretch of road that I use. It's fun. I use it at night. Like 3-4 in the morning.
            let me give you a tip, yeah, you might think it is fun, but dont do it, your life is more important than going 118 in your car, which is probably over double or triple the speed limit of the road.

this is why insurance prices are so high.

Comment

I ran 137 MPH on the dyno with 3.42's in 4th gear when I had my M5.
              Last edited by ssms5411; 12-16-2009, 08:42 PM.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                I ran 137 MPH on the dyno with 3.42's in 4rd gear when I had my M5.
                Whoot! :rock:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  I ran 137 MPH on the dyno with 3.42's in 4th gear when I had my M5.
                  yeah IIRC the 'maro was up to 140ish on the dyno in 4th during pulls. stock 3.23's M5.

OP- get a programmer or hptuners to disable your limiter, but please take these guys' advice and be sensible about it. i'm sure at some point or another almost all of us have pushed the limits, but there's no need to take your limiter off just to go screaming down the road at night doing 120+. not trying to preach, just a word to the wise.

i've got my bolt-on 3.8 tuned with no speedo limiter and have done 160 in my ls1 just to see what it was like, and now that i know, i dont need to again.
                  Last edited by BallerMaro13; 12-16-2009, 08:59 PM.
                  pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                  gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Baller.. turbo. now. :naughty:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                      Baller.. turbo. now. :naughty:
                      lol oh blizzard how i've missed your persuasive comments :p

i've got some big clients in the works for my job, when they pay off, i'll be abbott stage 3 then looking at a garrett setup :rock:

we need to form a meet with some of the ohio/va/surrounding fellas once it warms up --- i wanna hear your ridiculous bov in person haha.
                      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                        lol oh blizzard how i've missed your persuasive comments :p

i've got some big clients in the works for my job, when they pay off, i'll be abbott stage 3 then looking at a garrett setup :rock:

we need to form a meet with some of the ohio/va/surrounding fellas once it warms up --- i wanna hear your ridiculous bov in person haha.
                        It's cold outside and I have nothing to do except encourage your spending. My gf just called and said I should clean something in the apartment. HAH!

Some kind of meet would be fun. I'm just hoping the car starts up when I tell it to after it's been sitting for so long.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

ive got my speed limiter set at 200...not that i can hit that lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X