clutch squeaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch squeaking

I had the whole clutch system replaced about a year ago, and whenever it gets cold it squeaks just when its depressed. Has anyone ever had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this or what it is making it squeak?

Re: clutch squeaking

My first thought would be the throwout bearing. The only fix for that is to replace.
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

its funny you should say that, as mine just started doing the same thing.

im almost positive it is the slave/TO bearing, and personally im not worried about it very much

it goes away after everything warms up, i think it is a lack of grease

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
        and personally im not worried about it very much
        Careful with that.... a damaged throwout bearing can easily damage the pressure plate.
        -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

I would say, the bushing for the eye of the master cylinder is squeaking, hit it with some white grease.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowside View Post
            I would say, the bushing for the eye of the master cylinder is squeaking, hit it with some white grease.
            I didn't think about that, although I guess it depends on your interpretation of the OP.

Is it squeaking when it's depressed (on the floor) or while it's being depressed?

Comment

it squeaks while being depressed and while its on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyW View Post
                it squeaks while being depressed and while its on the floor.
                still sticking to my gut and saying its the slave cylinder

Comment

i'd say its probably not the throwout bearing ... usually noise from the throwout comes when you take your foot OFF of the pedal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X