t-5 to six speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-5 to six speed?

Is there anyway to swap the manual tranny in my camaro from a 5 speed to a 6 speed? I can't find any bell housing for it or anything

Re: t-5 to six speed?

I believe I asked this same question on here a long time ago... IIRC what I was told was that you'll need a bellhousing adapter plate... a custom length input shaft... you'll need to modify the interior because shifter will sit further back in the car, and you'll need a custom driveshaft...
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...997#post816997
      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Just do a search, this question has been asked a lot.
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro
        L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

to make it simple, yes it is possible..

but unless you have extensive mods to your engine it will be HELL to drive, its about the same as starting out in 2nd gear all of the time.. the v6 doesnt make enough power to do that without slipping the clutch so bad it will need to be replaced every 30k miles.. and that is on flat ground.. hills wouldnt be very fun trying to start out unless there was some very short gears in the rear

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X