95 to 2000 z28 rear swap done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 to 2000 z28 rear swap done

so i finially got that new rear end up in my car that i bought about 3 weeks ago. Went from a 95 open 3.42 3 channel to a 2000 z28 3.42 with a torsen and discs (4 channel). And i have to say it really wasn't that hard to fab up and i am extremely please with the performance. Accelerates alot better, and is way more predictable. And it stops on a friggen dime now. And the ABS still works, so for all you guys that say a 3 channel caint be changed to a 4 channel, kiss my A, lol. If you guys have any questions jus lemme know.

Re: 95 to 2000 z28 rear swap done

how hard was it? how long did it take you? how much was the total project?

Comment

I am also interested in what you had to do. I am in the market for a rear with discs also. I have a 93 Camaro and a possible 2000 rear end to put in. I just started researching the swap, I dont know much about the 3 or 4 channel differences.

Comment

Took about 3 weeks cause I did it with a broke leg. Cost total was about 220. And it really wasn't that difficult, the one I bought had TC so I had to fab the brake hose. 3 channel has the abs sensor in the differenti, 4 channel they are in the discs. Cut and spliced the plug and it works perfectly. The rear also came with the 1le sway bar.

Comment

Nice job, esp. with a broken leg, the 21mm rear sway is nice.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X