U joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U joints

I have been looking for a standard for my 3.4L and I keep finding that the stronger version required a 31 spine yoke. Now while trying to find a replacement yoke all i can find is yokes for fords designed for the 1330 U joint. first what is the difference in size from our 1310 and the ford 1330. second dose anyone know if there is a way to say upgrade my u joints to this size if its all i can use?

and BTW I know 31 spine should only be found on ford transmissions but this is from TKO and they only offer that for there stronger transmissions.

Re: U joints

There is a special U-joint which allows one side to be a 1310 and the other is a 1330. Go to a decent parts shop (NAPA) and talk to someone that actually knows they should be able to get it for you.
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

thanks

your just talking about the four point pivot right? I want to be sure I know what im asking for.

Comment

I'm talking about the U-Joint. There is a special U-joint that you can use to make the transition from your beefed up transmission to the stock driveshaft. You will get one of those 1330 slip yolks you keep finding this adapter type U-joint and your stock driveshaft.

Does that help?
        -Brad
        2000 V-Star Custom 1100

Comment

yup sry for the nub questions just never worked this deep into a car before.

Comment

no problemo, I have had mine since 01 and I'm still learning, see my post on clutch swap :)
            -Brad
            2000 V-Star Custom 1100

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X