Clutch pedal pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pedal pressure

Accidently started the car in third today. Jolted the whole car, and now my clutch pedal is slightly loose. It's very easy to push in about halfway, then pushes in normal after that. Still drives, but the clutch engages just as I let off the clutch. Any ideas on how to fix?

Re: Clutch pedal pressure

Update: going to school and all pressure is lost.:tdown: Had to limp back home in first gear.
    Now what's wrong? Is it just a bleed procedure that I may have to do?

Comment

sounds like your master or slave cylinder took a dump

Comment

It might be that, as the clutch was working perfectly fine before I started the car in third.

Comment

Flushed and am bleeding the system right now, pressure is slightly back...

Comment

And it's gone. Totally. I guess I'll be ordering a new master and slave clutch cylinder pretty soon.

Comment

"you started the car in third" meaning you started driving in third instead of first? or you bypassed the clutch and have a remote start or somthing close to this? hahah (its possible)

Ive takin off in all gears. i dont see how this would have caused a problem. I know a few viper guys that leave the line in second gear all day long.

Any funny info you would like to add? but my guess would be to bleed it a few more times and see if you can find a leak. If not i would assume its the master or slave

Comment

What I mean by that is I had the clutch down with the shifter in third gear, started the car, and just released the pedal rapidly, causing the car to jerk forward a bit and stall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X