Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turtle wax black box I 2nd it

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
    Starter was dead. Battery was fine, even tried a jump because it went out like a dieing battery. Starting a pic thread now..
    Great , so I can see how mine will look like when I'm done. LOL I'm still not well, they didn't fill one of my scripts that I needed for nerve pain until today, went 3 days without it, so I'll get back to waxing mine tomorrow. Need the doors back to the rear done then I'm finished. The Hood came out the best I think, I don't know if it is because it is a 3" SS hood or what but it shines and stands out the most. I'll probably do it over again to see if it will get even more shine to it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'd say the same for mine, about the hood. Maybe it's just because it's a big, flat area. I'm going to have to take my spoiler back in for paint, it's doing some crazy things. The paint looks like it might be starting to lift on the right and there are tiny holes that look to go through the spoiler itself on the edge. Thing I didn't notice until I got up close and personal with the waxing.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

anyone have any idea what would happen if you tried the black box on a car that wasnt black?
        Robby
        2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
          I'd say the same for mine, about the hood. Maybe it's just because it's a big, flat area. I'm going to have to take my spoiler back in for paint, it's doing some crazy things. The paint looks like it might be starting to lift on the right and there are tiny holes that look to go through the spoiler itself on the edge. Thing I didn't notice until I got up close and personal with the waxing.
          I'm surpised it would be lifting unless they didn't allow enough time between the primer and base clearcoat. Do you know if they used a sealant after the primer? I made sure when mine was painted he did all the steps sanding, primer, sealant and then the paint and clear coat.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by RPDRed6 View Post
            anyone have any idea what would happen if you tried the black box on a car that wasnt black?
            I'm guessing your car is red. There are black pigments that won't go along with your paint. That's why faded black paint gets restored like this:

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I just waxed my car today with mothers.. I've never heard of this black box stuff. It was my first time waxing any car.. I went nuts when I saw all the scratches in the hood and tons and tons of chips on the nose. What would this stuff do for it?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

The stage 1 conditioner is suppose to take care of scratches ,swirl ,marks and chips. Then you use the wax after thats all done. So I would say try it, the conditioner and wax is like a black die into it so wear gloves or it will die your hands black. I think you'll like it, so far everyone has, thats used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                  I'm guessing your car is red. There are black pigments that won't go along with your paint. That's why faded black paint gets restored like this:

ahh good point, thanks bud
                  Robby
                  2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
                  sigpic

Comment

I picked up a box today while I was getting a new idler pulley. I've been meaning to take pics these last few days but I haven't gotten around to it. When I have the time to do the black box stuff I'll keep a camera by my side to get some before and after photos.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

A little bit off topic, but still definitely related to black cars looking amazing...

I recently decided to "detail" my car (wash it, polish up the rims a bit, tire shine on the tires), and my dad pointed out that my tire shine would work wonders on the black trim (dash, console, weather stripping, wiper arms, that plastic thing just above the hood), as he used to do this to his '74 Skylark... So I took his advice, and started on a little piece of trim on the passenger side. HOLY CRAP!

This is seriously the finishing touch on a nicely detailed car... When you start, you don't think it's doing all that much, but by the time you finish, it is the difference between a nice looking car, and a head turner.

I personally used this http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,31 , from turtle wax. A little bit soaked into a crappy rag goes a long way in making a black car shine. :)

Comment

I went at my outside plastics with back to black.. Stuff is great at taking off old wax and stuff. most tire shines are too shiny for my taste on anything but tires, I'll stick with armor all and leather conditioner.
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I use some back to black also GR8, ha,ha, I used it on my tires also , I like them to shine a little. Also spray detail I use inbetween washes and on the chrome rims.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X