I picked this up at Pep Boys today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I picked this up at Pep Boys today

Turtle Wax Black Box. It's a detailing kit meant for black cars. I spoke to one of the rep and he said it's the best thing he ever use on his black car.

I'm going to clean my bird tomorrow (Saturday)and use it. I'll take pics when I'm done and let you guys know how it is.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: I picked this up at Pep Boys today

well thats just automotive racism. I have a pewter car. why dont they have the pewter box.. I thought we were past all that COLOR issues.. gawd. lol

Arch
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
      well thats just automotive racism. I have a pewter car. why dont they have the pewter box.. I thought we were past all that COLOR issues.. gawd. lol

Arch
      LOL....affirmative action y'all.

You know black can out perform any of you. We're just that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
        LOL....affirmative action y'all.

You know black can out perform any of you. We're just that good.
        Maybe. But one spec of dirt throws it all off with black paint. Silver's quite forgiving when it comes to dirt. :P

It looks like a nice kit. I may have to get this for the boyfriend's Grand Prix.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
          Maybe. But one spec of dirt throws it all off with black paint. Silver's quite forgiving when it comes to dirt. :P

It looks like a nice kit. I may have to get this for the boyfriend's Grand Prix.
          Forget your boyfriend. If you go black you'll never go back.
          :D

Ok that's enough. I'll post up some pics soon.

Comment

Yes , I would also like to see how this turns out since I went black lately and my car needs a wash and wax.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'm curious to see how it does. We have a black honda pilot that is looking pretty rough.
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post
                I'm curious to see how it does. We have a black honda pilot that is looking pretty rough.
                Should see my wifes 07' Saturn Vue , Suppose to be the GM black same as mine but comparing them here is alot lighter than mine. She doesn't wax it or anything just drive through car washes. I told her it would happen , now she can see the difference of what it is suppose to look like.LOL Maybe I'll get that for her birthday coming up so she can make it look good again.LOL I just looked it up it is only 19.99 at checker auto , so that is a good price I think.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 03-14-2009, 02:09 AM.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I might have to try this out on my car.
                  2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

i saw that at autozone last week. definitely want to know how it turns out..

Comment

I've got an eye on this thread! Anyone who owns a black car knows that we need something special for black cars, because you can't hide ANYTHING!
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i wonder if it will work on the midnight blue
                        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                        1991 3000GT VR4
                        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
                          i wonder if it will work on the midnight blue
                          Probably not because there's black pigments.

Comment

Alright I did it. And YES!! It is really worth the 20 bucks. I give this an A- I put this above the other wax I've used in the past: Zymol, Perma Wax, Mequire, Mothers, and 3M. I love how it covered up some of the scratches, oxidation, and swirls. It made my black car blacker.

I started 3pm today and didn't finish till 8pm tonight. I followed each steps and took my time on it. That's why it took me so long. But next time I'll do half one day and the other half the next day. I ended up using 4 towels, because of the pigment, which messy and my hands shrivelled up. I'm definately wearing gloves next time, because I think I'm alergic to this.

Here's how I used it:

1. Wash the car- didn't fully dry it

2. Used an ordital applicator I applied the Pre-Wax Cleaner. Allowed it to dry it up and then wiped it clean with a cotton towel. (this will turn your towel black as you polish it)

3. Insert the spray nozzle on Black Spray Detailer and used the ordital applicator applied it and allowed it to dry. Then I wiped it clean.

4. Next I applied Black Carnauba Blend Wax. Then wiped it till it shines.

5. Reapplied Black Spray Detailer and I wiped it till the car shines. I kept wiping till it is polish perfect.

----------------------------------------

Before using it on my 98 Bird I tried it first on my 89 Bird. Since my 89 bird's paint is fading I thought it be cool to see the comparison. I waxed the left side of the hood only. As you can see that it brought back it's black color to a shine. Something that my other wax can't do.

Up close you can see the oxidation and fading on the paint on the right, while the polished left side looks good.

Pic from a different angle. You can see that there's a clear reflection on the polish side.

You can see the left side is completely black compare to the right side.
                            Last edited by Mighty Thor; 03-15-2009, 03:14 AM.

Comment

I didn't get a chance to take pics during the day when finish. Because by the time I finished it was alright night. I take some pics tomorrow (Sunday).

Pics of the 98 Bird before it was wash and wax:

Pics after I finished. The ceiling light sort of affected my camara. Definately will take some outdoor pics so we could see the comparison better.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X