wheel spaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel spaces

i have an 01 bird with the stock 16x8s wrapped in 235's and i cant stand how far inside the quarter panel they tires sit. not to fond of buyin bigger rims and new tires either so im lookin at 1.5" wheels spacers for the rear and maybe the front. would it be ok to have the spacers on the back or what? anyone have pics of this?

Re: wheel spaces

I only have 1/4" wheel spacers for my front PRO Stars for the track. I wouldn't recommend spacers for daily driving. 17 X 9" or 17 X 9.5" rims and 275/40/17 fills it up nice. Pics on my car domainsite of my ZR1 rims.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      I only have 1/4" wheel spacers for my front PRO Stars for the track. I wouldn't recommend spacers for daily driving. 17 X 9" or 17 X 9.5" rims and 275/40/17 fills it up nice. Pics on my car domainsite of my ZR1 rims.
      why wouldnt your recommend them for a dd just wondering? i think i'll take your advice and just buy new rims. everyone so far said it wasnt a good idea for dd. guess i'll check out some rims. i know an ebay store that sells full setts of 17x9.5's for around $400 a set. :banana:

Comment

go for 11s out back. That'll fill it in real nice.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
          go for 11s out back. That'll fill it in real nice.
          sounds good i would like that. my problem is idk if i want to spend that much money on rims ahah

Comment

Originally posted by 2001pewterbird View Post
            i have an 01 bird with the stock 16x8s wrapped in 235's and i cant stand how far inside the quarter panel they tires sit. not to fond of buyin bigger rims and new tires either so im lookin at 1.5" wheels spacers for the rear and maybe the front. would it be ok to have the spacers on the back or what? anyone have pics of this?
            You do realize that you would need to replace the wheel studs? And 1.5" is way too big.

I have 1/2" spacers in the rear, and installed these - 2.5” M12x1.5 Wheel Studs (ARP p/n 100-7708).
            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

ssms5411 is exactly right, 17x9.5's on 275/40/17 tires fill the wheel wells perfectly. i was the same way, i couldn't stand how far in the wheels sat...it just looked squatty with my lowered suspension---but i just put on a new set of z06 replicas that size and tires and it turned out great and the stance looks fantastic.
              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

well thanks to all but i just found a set of c6 replicas for $250 and the guy doesnt live very far. they are 19x10 rears and 18x8.5 front pickin them up tomorrow

Comment

NICE! Are they chrome?
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

NICE! Are they chrome?
                    nope just polished. but i can pass up a deal like that. im still in shock

Comment

Thats a great deal , post some pics when you get them on, before/after.

Comment

o i definately will, i cant wait. although it might be a while because im sure tires are expensive so i will have to save up a little bit first. btw do you know if i will need to run spacers at all? the front are 18x8.5 with a 56mm offset and rear are 19x10 witha 79mm offset..
                        Last edited by 2001pewterbird; 03-14-2009, 02:23 AM.

Comment

The front sounds right, don't know about the rear.

Comment

On LS1 tech , a guy said in a post you will need a 1.25" spacer to run the 19 X 10 's on the rear. The fronts should fit no problem. And with the 8.5" width for the front you can still run a 275 width tire. Hope this helps.

Comment

On LS1 tech , a guy said in a post you will need a 1.25" spacer to run the 19 X 10 's on the rear. The fronts should fit no problem. And with the 8.5" width for the front you can still run a 275 width tire. Hope this helps.
                              helps out alot. i'm going to order some from skult performance designs soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X