Are Replica Rims Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Replica Rims Worth It?

I was thinking about getting new rims for my '02 firebird and was just wondering if i should go replica.

I know the up side is that they are alot cheaper, but is there anything I should watch out for or know before i get a set?

i.e: being bent easily, prone to chipping, becoming warped?

Re: Are Replica Rims Worth It?

most all of the corvette wheels you see on f-bodys are replicas. all of the replicas i have seen have been really good quality. i say go for it :tup:

Comment

Most of them are pretty decent from what I hear but be aware of the eBayers with the really good prices. They are usually blemished, hazy looking, or off some kind of way.
      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/c368/rallysportchic97/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/c368/rallysportchic97/</a>

Comment

x2 go for it man! i'm about to order some c6 z06 replicas from fasttoys.net in the next couple of weeks to throw on my '02. I've never heard of any big problems with replicas and they usually can be pulled off really well, so I vote yes seeing as i'm in the same boat with ya. let us know what you plan on going with, and feel free to check out that site, it's got some great deals.
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
        gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Thx Guys!

I feel a little better on going with replica now. I was actually going to get a set of black C6 Z06 to go with my pewter metallic colored bird.

Comment

sounds pretty sweet man keep us posted with pics!
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

post pics if you do it, i gotta pewter bird, and while i love the wheels i have on my car, i kinda want some 18/17 staggered vette wheels.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X