interior painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior painting

Does any know how to paint the interior ? Like the vinyl ? Is there a write up ? Can any 1 post pix please ?

Re: interior painting

they sell vinyl/fabric paint at most auto parts stores. What are you trying to paint? It's fairly simple, there should be a few write-ups here... but I wouldn't recommend painting the interior unless your name is paco. wink. wink.
    Last edited by unvmyrs; 12-28-2008, 12:53 AM.
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Its difficult to do it and have it look classy. Maybe someone that has done it will chime in with some guidance for you!
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

There is a brand of interior paint sprays from SEM, both for painting plastic and vinyl/leather. It's a professional brand and is usually carried only by professional upholstery supplies and car paint shops. They have matching interior color codes cans as well as custom colors; I've used them when I redid my interior and it was much more resistant to chipping/fading/scratching on plastic than the usual plastic paints like duplicolor.

If you're trying to touch up the same color vinyl they have a product for it that I've seen have good results, however don't expect to use it for a full color change, from gray to black for example. If not done in the factory/upholstery a color change just will not look right/stay on.

Comment

I know your suposed to clean the area very well and then use a promotor, then spray the area with your paint choice.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You can also buy a chemical from auto paint stores that allows paint to adhere to plastic. I'm not sure though if that would be necessary in this case.... But just keep it in mind.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

the plastic paint promoter is called bulldog just FYI

Comment

I know Duplicolor makes some interior spray paint.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/vinyl.html

I don't have personal experience with this, but I've seen the guys on the Speed Network show "Truck-U" use it, and it seemed to turn out good. Like others have said, prep is key to any paint job. Make sure you don't leave any grease or oil behind, and scuffing up the surface a little with a scotch pad would be good to. Just be sure you don't smooth out any texture molded interior pieces, unless that's what you're going for.

Comment

make sure its totally clean. i don't like 95% of interior painted panels. depends on the color and amount of paint
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

May I ask why you would want to paint the interior? It has never made any sense to me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X