Vinyl Stripes lifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Stripes lifting

im so pissed off, it snowed yesterday and today and i looked at my car and the stripes are lifting, is there any suggestions on what i should do. it lifted a good half inch on the corners. if anyone can help it would be great.

Re: Vinyl Stripes lifting

You may want to try a clear silicone or an adhesive with a similar base. Something that could be removed with relative ease without ruining the surface...if needed later on. Also, heat the Vinyl up with a hair dryer to make it pliable before applying the adhesive.

Hate saying it, but it sounds like the body wasn't prepped before the stripes were applied. Could be wax, dirt, or maybe even a dry spot on the back-side of the stripes. In order to do it correctly, they will have to be removed, discarded, and a new set will have to be laid down.
    sigpic

Comment

i was thinking they would have to be taken off and redone. this would be the 6th time he be redoing them b/c of them lifting. do you think the vinyl won't stick to my car or is he just not doing it right?

Comment

who is this he you are speaking of?

Comment

i dont care who he is if he has put your stripes on 5 times hes doing something wrong

Comment

Originally posted by DaBird19 View Post
            i was thinking they would have to be taken off and redone. this would be the 6th time he be redoing them b/c of them lifting. do you think the vinyl won't stick to my car or is he just not doing it right?
            It's definitely because "he" isn't doing them right.

Comment

some vinyl guy installed them. i thought going to a guy who does this for a living would be able to do it good.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBird19 View Post
                some vinyl guy installed them. i thought going to a guy who does this for a living would be able to do it good.
                considering I don't do it for a living, and the stripes I put on 2+ years ago are still looking brand new, i don't think "doing it for a living" has anything to do with it. Also, why would you go back to the same guy after he messed up the vinyl job the first time, much less the second, third, fourth, and fifth time?

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
                  why would you go back to the same guy after he messed up the vinyl job the first time, much less the second, third, fourth, and fifth time?
                  In hopes of the installer fixing his mistake and because you don't want to pay for the same job again (sadly, been there however I agree 6 times you should probably give up).

By the way I have 3m vinyl stripes from ebay on my car, dual 10'' ones running down the middle length of the car and they're holding on OK so far. FIY I live in Canada so we get a dump of snow here contrasting with warm summers :).

Comment

WOW, are you serious?

he is doing something wrong

vinal should take years and years and years to come off

i have had the camaro fill-ins on my car on for about 3 years and they are perfectly fine.. i put vinal on another car and its been on for 5 years with no problems

Comment

I'd ask for a refund. If he refuses, ask him if he enjoys spending his time doing your stripes time and time again. Ask him if he gets those stripes for free. He's tired of doing them and you're tired of having them done. Both walk away from the transaction.
                      Red 96' A4 Firebird
                      Audio Audio and Autotek
                      Check it out here!

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
                        considering I don't do it for a living, and the stripes I put on 2+ years ago are still looking brand new, i don't think "doing it for a living" has anything to do with it. Also, why would you go back to the same guy after he messed up the vinyl job the first time, much less the second, third, fourth, and fifth time?
                        He said he would be able to fix it because it was " A tiny mistake that can easily be fixed". im gunna take it back to him in the spring and get them removed because they look like Sh!t right now.

Comment

6 tiny mistakes are no longer tiny.
                          Red 96' A4 Firebird
                          Audio Audio and Autotek
                          Check it out here!

Comment

I don't see whats so hard about washing the spots your putting them onto and using soapy water and then squeezing the water out from underneath them with a squeegee?

Comment

does anybody know how i can put them back on without damaging the paint

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X